“Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.” – Matthew 24:12
Jesus warns of a time when spiritual apathy will be the defining characteristics of the age. When instead of an intense passion for Christ, the heart of many will become cold and apathetic.
- Spiritual apathy settles for religious activity instead of a personal relationship.
- Spiritual apathy no longer desires prayer and Bible study.
- Spiritual apathy causes our hearts to be no longer moved by the lostness of those around us.
- Spiritual apathy has no desire to see those without Christ come to Him.
- Spiritual apathy lets our heart become cold, and not be concerned about it.
So many Christians and churches suffer from spiritual apathy. The wold has anesthetized their passion for Christ, and they simply go from week to week, happy with business as usual Christianity. (more…)